Voting Site Volunteer Opportunity
Do you want to work the elections? Volunteer as an Election Inspector!
In conjunction with the City of Milwaukee Election Commission, Sherman Park Community Association has adopted the voting site in the Mary Ryan Boys & Club in Sherman Park, 3000 N. Sherman Blvd. Because of the guaranteed large turnout, we need 50 volunteers to serve as election inspectors.
- Inspectors issue ballots, register new voters, assist voters, or act as greeters
- Qualifications are to write legibly, pay attention to details and work well with people
- Inspectors can either work a full day (6:00 am – 8:30 pm) or a split shift (from 6:00am until 2:00pm or from 1:30pm until 8:30pm). Breaks are given throughout the day. You can also come at times that are more convenient times that work for you.
- Also, this is a fundraiser for SPCA so you can do your civic duty and support SPCA. This is also a tax deductible contribution.
The Election Commission has been working hard to ensure that voters and election workers have a safe voting experience in the upcoming elections.
Our safety precautions include, but are not limited to:
- Providing masks and gloves to all election workers; election workers are also encouraged to wear their own protective gear
- Providing face shields as needed to election workers
- Using clear barriers such as plexiglass as much as possible between voters and workers
- Sanitizing surfaces after every single voter
- Having each voter sign a separate poll book page
- Offering masks to all voters who are not already wearing one
- Ensuring that social distancing is practiced throughout the polling place
- Providing virtual training, as well as very small in-person training classes, to election workers and chief inspectors
For more information, contact us.