The Sherman Park Community Association needs volunteers on Election Day to help work the voting site at the Mary Ryan Boys & Girls Club, located in Sherman Park, 3000 N. Sherman Boulevard. Get involved in the community by volunteering as an election inspector and assist voters with every facet of voting during the 2024 elections. That includes maintaining a safe and orderly polling place, conducting polling site operations and duties in accordance with election law, and following defined procedures. The election site will have all the necessary PPE, including include gloves, masks, sanitizer etc., to keep all election inspectors and voters safe.
Expectations: Once voters arrive, duties can include:
- Welcoming voters and assist with answering questions and directing voters to the voting area.
- Issuing ballots and checking the identification of registered voters.
- Registering voters and updating voter registration information.
- Monitoring the voting equipment.
- Explaining how to mark the ballot and/or how to use the voting equipment.
- Helping elderly and disabled citizens vote via curbside voting.
- Helping count and tabulate votes when the poll closes.
Qualifications: Attend election training, write legibly, pay attention to details and work well with people.
Time Commitment: As an inspector, you can either work a full day, from 6:00 am to 8:30 pm, or one of the split shifts, from 6:00 am to 2:00 pm, or from 1:30 pm until 8:30 pm. Breaks, meals and beverages are provided throughout the day. You can also come at times that are more convenient to you. Election day voting hours are 7:00 am to 8:00 pm. This site is a fundraiser for SPCA, so your volunteer time is deeply appreciated. Please do your civic duty and support SPCA. Your contributions of time and other donations to support this site are tax-deductible.
2024 Election Calendar
Election day voting hours are 7:00 am to 8:00 pm.
- Spring Primary Election – Tuesday, February 20, 2024
- Spring Election & Presidential Primary – Tuesday, April 2, 2024
- Fall Primary Election – Tuesday, August 13, 2024
- General Election – Tuesday, November 5, 2024
The City of Milwaukee Election Commission will provide training prior to election day for the job you will be doing. This is a great opportunity for high school and college students to get involved with the democratic process! Citizen involvement is essential to conduct open, accurate and fair elections in the City of Milwaukee.
Please contact us with questions. Click the button below to sign up: