The Sherman Park Community Association (SPCA) is seeking a contract community organizer to coordinate and implement a series of neighborhood-based initiatives around COVID-19 vaccine information distribution. This is a part-time contract position, grant funded, which will run from May 2021 thru August 31, 2021.
SPCA is a 501(c)(3) membership-based neighborhood association comprised of residents, businesses, religious and community organizations in the Sherman Park neighborhood. Our purpose is to promote the many advantages of living in a diverse neighborhood, to connect neighbors and residents, to support the community in the areas of housing, public safety, economic viability, and other issues that affect our neighborhood.
SPCA recently was the recipient of a grant support community outreach efforts to provide timely and accurate information to promote COVID-19 vaccination underserved populations including racial and ethnic minority populations and to reduce barriers for individuals facing racial, economic, or geographic inequities related to COVID-19 vaccination efforts.
Key activities include:
- Maintaining a calendar of outreach activities, including community events, workshops, appearances, and other communication opportunities
- Analyzing project requirements, prepare budgets and schedules
- Collaborating with clients, teams and partners to execute media, marketing and outreach plans
- Appropriately managing the organization’s media budget
- Leading project management of community organizer and outreach team
- Establishing project management process for campaign projects
- Developing detailed designs, plans, and monitoring progress as well as writing up reports
- Liaising with relevant teams, clients, and managers for the duration of the project
- Using content management systems and project management software
- Must be able to document activities for the purpose of grant reporting
- Other duties as assigned
The term of the contract is May 1, 2021 thru August 31, 2021 and an expected average work week between 20-25 hours per week. The individual will report to the Executive Director.
- 2+ Years Project Management Experience Preferred but comparable experience considered
- Communications/Media or Marketing experience preferred
- Community organizing experience preferred
- Excellent organizational, prioritization, and decision-making skills
- Excellent management, interpersonal, and teambuilding skills
- Ability to identify risks and problems
- Ability to network and build relationships
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Available to work evenings and weekends as required
- Automobile ownership with proof of a valid Wisconsin driver’s license and proof of liability insurance
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Mabel Lamb, Executive Director, via Indeed no later than 5:00 p.m. on Thursday, May 27th, 2021.
SPCA is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.